Is the Pinterest inspiration board already full? All the most wonderful wedding dresses already saved on Instagram? Details of your favorite dresses written up?
When looking for your own wedding dress style, the most important thing is what you admire in a wedding dress.
Do you like lace, sequins or minimalist satin, for example?
Before your bridal fitting, the easiest way to get started is to think what you find beautiful and what meets your wishes for a wedding dress.
Would the wedding dress of your dreams be white, colored, or perhaps mid-lenght? You can think about the contents of your wardrobe and look for features that will make you feel great and confident. For example, an open back, long sleeves, or a high boat neck.
Finding out your wedding dress style is facilitated by knowing your own style and wanting to know what style you want to represent on your wedding day. The goal is to find a wedding dress that represents your style and you.
The most common wedding dress styles could be roughly divided into five categories:
1. Classic, timeless and elegant. Usually a more traditional design, a luxurious material (like silk or micadosatin). In this style, you see more of the spectacle brought in the form of the dress than lace or sparkle. Good examples of Sis Idman dresses would be Philippa, Andra, Cher, Marseille and Aamu.
2. Bohemian and romantic. The key features of the boho style are lace, sparkle, flowers and tulle. The bohemian and romantic style is represented by lightness and softness, for example a lace top with a chiffon bead. Many boho style dresses have an undertone. Examples of romantic and bohemian Sis Idman dresses would be Margit, Mila, Karin, Alexia and Kiana.
3. Full laced. Lace can be found in an endless variety of styles, but full laced dresses is easy to divide into their own category. Full laced dresses can be found in many different designs and colors. Lace dresses can be found timeless and elegant - such as Sis Idman Coralie or Claudette. Boho style can also be found in lace, such as Sis Idman Mailis, Melina and Dixie.
4. Sequins, beads and sparkle. Like full laced dresses, wedding dresses also have completely sequin- or pearl-owned styles. Sequin and pearl dresses are full of sparkle in different designs and styles. Wonderful examples of this would be Sis Idman Annabella, Amanda, Iisa, Tinja and Elisabet.
5. Modern. Of today, usually a little bolder and different from others. In modern dresses, the shape of the dress often plays an important role. Sis Idman dresses that represent the modern style include for example Beata, Senja, Carol, Lacie and Amalia.
Combining these styles can create unique dresses, such as Sis Idman Afrodite, for example, is the perfect combination of a classic and timeless look with romantic lace details. So your own wedding dress style doesn’t have to be just one of these, the finished look is made up of details that complement your own style.
Finding your own wedding dress style is the process that culminates in finding the perfect wedding dress for you.
The most important thing is that the wedding dress feels like your own and you represent yourself and your own style in it – being confident and gorgeous.
Written by Sanni @katariinahelsinki